Monday, March 1, 2010

GREAT Book!!!

imgres.jpgI just finished reading a great book this past week. It is called "You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes" by Lisa McKay. As a church planters wife, or pastor's wife, there is very little GOOD literature out there that isn't "SUPER Spiritual"!!! I've read the ones where you are supposed to stay at home and clean all day and when your hubby walks through the door you should be vacuuming in heels and pearls! I even read one where it teaches you to be the best hostess....pshhhh, I don't think I would ever pass that course! This book is a bit more down to earth, and I can actually say I was able to relate to Lisa quite a bit. From her fears for her sanity to the way she helped encourage her husband, there are numerous stories that every pastor's wife can appreciate. At the young age of 28 I sometimes feel that I am in this boat alone, no one really understands the role of a minister's wife. Yet, I found myself laughing till I cried as I read some of the roller coaster rides that Lisa and her family have been through. This life is tough, but knowing that there are people praying for you as you follow God's call, that makes it 100 times better! READ this book! Pastor's buy this book for your staff members wives! They will thank you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment