Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011

The next couple of days will be busy so, Happy New Year to everyone! Almost 2011, can you believe it?

N: Next year I plan on being the mother of 4 great children. Brooks will be 8, Luke 7 and Campbell 4, Russian Gal ???. They are each so wonderful and difficult in their own little way. It is amazing to see the differences in their personalities as they grow. I love them, all of them!

E: Everyday brings a new surprise to the Hanna home. Between two crazy boys and a prissy pot girl, the fun never ends. Excited also begins with "E" and I am so excited to see what this new year will bring. I am also expectant that God is going to do amazing things through our family this coming year.

W: Wed......Curt and I will celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss this coming year. Where has the time gone? I am so thankful that God called me to walk beside Curt is this life. He is my very best friend, he makes me laugh harder than anyone. He is my favorite!

Y: Yearning for another child across the ocean. I cannot explain the feeling when you look at your kids sitting on the couch watching TV and you realize there is someone missing, a spot on the couch is empty. The tug on my heart is so strong it hurts. I just know that whoever this other child is, they are going to be loved on a lot by everyone!!

E: Exercising, training and getting ready for the 5k Run for the Children "Orphans" on May 7th in Abbeville. You should be gearing up for this too if you live in the area!!!

A: Aging!!! Curt and I will be 30 this year. I may have a major meltdown. I have already told him there will be no celebrating whatsoever on the 25th of June. I am getting old and am not loving it at all. Pretty soon my kids will think I am a dork and they will roll their eyes at me.....wait, they already do that!! Oh well!

R: Realizing that our time here on earth is limited and we should make the most out of
everyday. I have been reading the most amazing book "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman.
I won't spoil it for you, but it is all about their family's journey through life, death and hope after the
death of their youngest daughter Maria Sue, who they adopted from China.

So, my wish and goal for 2011 is to look at my family in a different way. I want them to have manners, love each other and Christ too. For me though, I want to live each day knowing that in the end when we have to stand before Christ, the main thing I'll have to show for this life will be the spiritual children we bring into His kingdom. Our children will be our present to Christ on His throne!


No comments:

Post a Comment