Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm leaving my cape behind!

I am not superman, superwoman or supermom.....I do not wear the "S" on my chest.

I cannot breathe under water, nor can I fly to the highest heights. In fact, just the thought of me leaping a building in a single bound makes me flinch a little!

I am trying to figure out who placed the expectation on me that I had to do all those things and more?

I cannot be your best friend or listen to all of your troubles.....I can love you but that must be enough.

I am completely human and I make numerous mistakes, but don't use my weaknesses against me.

I cry, I scream, I worry and I am always afraid of what other people will think.

All I want to do is love my family, raise them up to KNOW God, not just "know" Him. They are my number one priority aside from my relationship with God. It is my job to protect them, to love and hug and kiss them, to praise them for their successes, and hold them when they fail. I am theirs, I am their mother.

I will probably learn more from them than they will ever learn from me and that's ok. So, don't ever label me, I am not superman.....I am simply my kids mom!

27 days until Russia!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment